Click on your favorite web site below to visit our favorite astronomy and space web sites:
- Ask the Space Scientist
Access an archive of over 3000 questions visitors have asked since August of 1995. If your question has not been asked before you can submit your question to a space scientist.
- Stephen Hawking's Universe
Easy to understand explanation of the mysteries of the universe.
- A Virtual Journey into the Universe
This is a Thinkquest site that requires Java and Shockwave plug in.
- Asteroids: A Blast from the Past
This site from the Museum of Natural History explores new evidence of and asteroid impact 65 million years ago.
- Black Holes and Neutron Stars
Simple and focused page on black holes and neutron stars.
- Exploring the Planets
- The Nine Planets: A Multimedia Tour of the Solar System
- The Planets
This is a great portal to all the planets as a group or individually.
- Solar System Online
This NASA site explores the planets and how NASA is involved in spce exploration.
- Welcome to the Planets
Many pictures of the planets and their moons, rings etc.
- Astronomy for Kids: Planet Earth
Dustbunny explores all of the planets with information on size, moons, origin of name, location and surface features. This site explores the earth.
Quick facts about our planet from NASA.
- Earth and Moon Viewer
Great site to see what the earth looks like now from space.
Earth statistics including size, mass, composition and distance from other planets.
- Earth Today: A Digital View of our Dynamic Planet
Interesting site that has good graphics about the earth, its atmosphere, tectonic plates and vegetation cycle.
- The Moon: Earth's Satellite
- Complete Sun and Moon Data for One Day
When does the moon rise and set, when is it full? Tweak your fishing dates with information from this site.
- Astronomy for Kids: Jupiter
Another Dustbunny planet site.
Quick facts about the planet and clickable images.
- Jupiter's Ring System
- Galileo: Journey to Jupiter
Images and data from Jupiter.
- Astronomy for Kids: Mars
- Welcome to the Planets: Mars
- The Nine Planets: Mars
- Imagine Mars
Presented by NASA, an online learning experience about Mars.
- Astronomy for Kids: Saturn
- Welcome to the Planets: Saturn
- The Nine Planets: Saturn
- Cassini-Huygens Mission to Saturn
NASA exploration of Saturn began with the launch on October 15, 1997 of a information-gathering satellite.
- Stanford Solar Center: Providing Solar On-Line Activity Resources for the Joy of Solar Science Exploration
Facts, quizzes and fun from Stanford University.
- The Sun
Temperature, mass, size and composition.
- The Sun: A Multimedia Tour
Movie tour of the sun with facts and photos.
- Brief History of Rockets
A history of rockets from NASA.
- Beginner's Guide to Model Rockets
- Seltzer Tablet Rocket
How to create your own rocket.